The NASA image below shows the October 2021 temperature anomaly. The Arctic is heating up enormously, with anomalies showing up of up to 9.1°C.
The image below shows two trends, based on NASA 1880-October 2021 data, adjusted to reflect a pre-industrial base, ocean air (2m) temperatures and higher polar anomalies. The linear trend (green) misses the point that the temperature rise is accelerating. The polynomial trend (black) shows the potential for 3°C to be crossed by 2026.
One of the largest threats is seafloor methane and despite repeated warning from some of the best experts in the field, the IPCC simply waves away this threat. This and other elements in the bar have been discussed in detail in many earlier posts such as this one and on the extinction page.
• NASA Temperature Analysis
• NOAA - Monthly Temperature Anomalies Versus El Niño
• Changing El Niño–Southern Oscillation in a warming climate - by Wenju Cai et al.
• IPCC report may have underplayed risk of freak El Nino and La Nina events
• How much warming have humans caused?
• A Temperature Rise Of More Than 18 Degrees Celsius By 2026?
• Could temperatures keep rising?
• Overshoot or Omnicide?
• Climate Plan
• Latent Heat
• Is the IPCC creating false perceptions, again?
• Can we weather the Danger Zone?
• How much warmer is it now?
• When will we die?
• Most Important Message Ever